Clergy are charged with helping individuals with a variety of mental health symptoms, including anxiety, depression and substance use. There is little guidance for how clergy should respond to these needs, causing increased stress on faith leaders. This training will provide instruction on:
- Basic mental health education on the signs and symptoms
- Skills to overcome barriers to mental health and substance use treatment
- Skills to assist clergy in coping with crises
- Clergy scope of practice and the need for referral
- Identifying internal and external church resources
Caring for Your Congregation:
Mental Health Resources for Clergy
Choose from 2 dates:
Thursday, September 22, 2016
at MAHEC in Asheville
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
at Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville
Interested in other Mental Health Continuing Education programs?
Click here for a complete listing of currently available Mental Health CE.