C4C Connectivity Mini Grants NOW Available!!!
A special COVID response “Connectivity Mini GRANT” has been created especially for C4C partnerships seeking to enhance remote learning capabilities as we serve within our local communities. Check out this user-friendly application and apply ASAP!!! Grants are being distributed NOW to meet immediate needs.
+ + + + +
Together, We Celebrate and Support Our Local Public Schools
More than ever. . .our local communities and educators NEED our support!!! Educators & staff members are in school buildings across our district reaching remote learners online. Together, we celebrate. . .
- Tabernacle UMC (Pastor Vic Hill) hosted a “drive by chocolate candy drive” providing back to school treats for staff members of each public school in Robbins. . . Robbins Elementary, Elise Middle and North Moore High School.
- Page Memorial UMC (Pastor Mamie Alley) hosted a “drive-thru school supply ingathering” for Aberdeen Elementary. In addition, over $ 650 was donated to purchase extra needed & requested supplies. Mission Team leader, Ann Sproles, purchased and delivered the supplies.
Quick Ideas: Involve children, youth and adults in creating cards and notes for public school staff members. . .and consider adding “treats” with an added encouragement message:
- KIND bars = “An energy renewing treat for your many acts of kindness!”
- Mint candies. . .”You are worth a MINT to us!”
- 100 calorie nut packs. . .”Even on NUTTY days, you are in our thoughts and prayers.”
- 100,000 grand bars. . .”You are priceless to us!”
- DOVE chocolates have uplifting words of encouragement on the wrappers
- Payday candy bar. . .with a 3 x 5 card of encouragement in each staff member’s mailbox
Keep sending C4C response ideas to: Elaine Lilliston ( email@example.com ) so that we may celebrate and share great ideas with our district!!!